Respectful Workplace for Provincially Regulated Organizations
Virtual Training | 2 hours
Dates: October 11 or November 29
Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am CDT
Cost: $299 (plus GST)
Facilitated by: Deanna Lanoway
This session will provide participants with information, resources, and strategies that support the creation and sustainment of a respectful workplace. Provincial legislation and its impact upon policies and practices for organizations within Manitoba will be covered with reference to other provinces. Approaches for effectively addressing complaints (formal and informal) to support a respectful workplace culture will be explored.
Key topics include:
- Characteristics of a respectful workplace
- Provincial legislative requirements (i.e., Human Rights, Health & Safety, Employment Standards) that may impact your organization
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Identify harassing, discriminatory and violent behaviours as they happen
- How to address harassment, discrimination and violence in the workplace
Who should attend?
This session is ideal for business owners, managers, supervisors, people leaders, and employees in federally regulated organizations.
About Deanna Lanoway, Executive Consultant
Deanna is passionate about helping Canadian organizations innovate with the power of talented people. She brings over 20 years of experience in leading academic, corporate, and not-for-profit organizations to her work.
As an executive consultant, Deanna supports senior-level employees from a range of organizations and industries. She enjoys working with clients to create healthy and dynamic work environments through projects focused on employee engagement, organizational design, EDI, and leading strategic changes.